DNP, APRN, ANP-BC
Gender Affirming Mental Healthcare, Acupuncture, and Medical Aesthetics
Dr. Courtney Holmes, DNP, APRN is a board-certified Adult Nurse Practitioner with 19+ years of experience in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health & skin conditions. She provides mental health care for trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive adolescents(16+) to older adults with treatment plans inclusive of prescription medication, natural supplements, and mind-body therapies such as acupuncture, mindfulness-based stress reduction, and aromatherapy. She also provides medical aesthetic treatments for adults (18+), and strives to be the go-to provider in the area for gender affirming non-surgical facial masculinizing and feminizing treatments.
Courtney is experienced and trained in medical aesthetic treatments, including neuromodulators and dermal filler to the face. She completed the CT Acupuncture Certification Program, and continually pursues education and training specific to caring for the trans community. She is currently studying with the American Academy of Facial Esthetics. Prior to opening her own private practice she provided medical aesthetic treatments at a national level medical spa. She has 10+ years of experience as a wound care specialist where she performed conservative sharp debridement to promote healing.
Courtney’s private practice merges her professional and personal passions to care for the LGBTQ+ community. She identifies as pansexual and is a member of TransPACT- a support group for parents of transgender and gender non conforming children (for more information please contact: Tony Ferraiolo by email email@example.com or call 203-376-8089). Courtney has led and participated in a number of local and nationwide efforts in support of the LGBTQ+ community, including Your Holiday Mom, organizing a community holiday dinner for LGBTQ+ youth and young adults, and leading her faith community toward open and affirming designation.
Courtney lives with her husband, two children, Dad, and her fur babies, Chihuahua “Buffy” and Mini Schnauzer “Daphne.” She enjoys learning new things, electronic dance music, mindfulness meditation, cooking, and immersing in the awesome beauty of nature to recharge and restore.
Request a visit with Courtney for Gender Affirming Mental Healthcare
Contact 203-701-6161 for Medical Aesthetic visits
License & Certifications
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, State of CT
- Adult Nurse Practitioner, American Nurses Credentialing Center
- CT Acupuncture Certification
- Reiki I & II Certificates
- Doctor of Nursing Practice, Quinnipiac University
- Master of Science in Nursing, Johns Hopkins University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Johns Hopkins University
- Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy, Smith College
- Academy of Our Lady of Mercy, Lauralton Hall
Honors & Awards
- Center for Clinician Advancement: UnitedHealth Group Grant, Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association Foundation, 2017
- Hemera Contemplative Fellowship for Health Care Professionals, Copper Beech Institute, 2017
- Lifetime Member Leadership Circle, Health Ministries Association, 2015
- Sigma Theta Tau, National Honor Society for Nursing, 2001